Ariane - methods and project engineering
In the current context of research in the social sciences, our relation to method and methodological expertise is essential when presenting our laboratories research work.
Ariane, a support group for social science methodology
The Ariane team of social and human-science engineers was set up in 2009 to provide methodological support for Pacte researchers. Since then the group has mapped out paths to give budding research a solid grounding in methods.
Ariane assists Pacte teams horizontally, tasked with a common mission to formalize, pool and monitor methodological processes (intelligence, design, production, processing and analysis of quantitative and/or qualitative data) in order meet researchers’ needs regarding methodological choices, techniques and feasibility.
The group comprises eight engineers, bringing together a wide range of specific, yet complementary skills:
- Stéphanie Abrial (CNRS research engineer): design of surveys and questionnaires, qualitative data, discourse analysis, computer-assisted qualitative data analysis, training and teaching;
- Isabelle André-Poyaud (CNRS research engineer): qualitative data analysis, topical mapping, survey design;
- Sandrine Astor (Sciences Po Grenoble study engineer): survey engineering, analysis of multidimensional data, modelling;
- Anne-Marie Benoit (CNRS research engineer): legal and ethical framework for data and surveys, data management planning, secondary processing, intellectual property;
- Annette Casagrande (CNRS study engineer): quantitative data analysis, databases and computer development;
- Estelle Ployon (CNRS study engineer): geomatics, 2D and 3D geographic information systems, photogrammetry and imaging;
- Nicolas Robinet (Artificial Intelligence Institute-Grenoble-Alpes University): geomatics, GIS
For further information, see the Ariane page on the Pacte intranet.
- Advice and support in preparation for projects in which methodology plays a key role;
- Implementing and monitoring projects with regard to collecting, producing, processing and analysing quantitative and qualitative data;
- Direct support on methodology for PhD students;
- Support in managing research data;
- Training on methods and tools;
- Involvement in professional and scientific networks.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Methodological input and support
- Guidelines on personal data use by researchers;
- Ariane workshops (training courses on software or methodological practice): keep up to date on Methodology news
The projects in which the method engineers are involved
- Phone: +334 76 82 60 24
- Adress: Pacte/IEP - BP 48 - 38040 Grenoble cedex 9 – France
Data Institute Seminar: Exploring time-space dynamics of large metropolitan areas from Airbnb data
/ Seminars and workshops
21 September 2018
The Beautiful Geographies of Anarchism: Spatial Emancipation and Hope Beyond Hope
16 May 2018
Too Big to Fit? Locating and Positioning « Rising Powers » regarding the Middle Power Category
/ Seminars and workshops
19 April 2018